Updated: Apr 25
Picnic on the Moonlight Beach, Encinitas, San Diego County
Let's step into history here. Picnic was originally a 17th Century French word, picque-nique. Its meaning was similar to today's meaning: a social gathering where each attendee brings a share of the food. The literal meaning of picque-nique, which became our picnic, is "each pick a bit." In English this word appeared around 1800. Look what Wikipedia says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picnic
Are you thinking about bring your friend or loved one to the beautiful Californian beach? California Picnics https://www.instagram.com/california.picnics/ will make your picnic very special and unique. They have a vast experience organizing, managing, and styling events and weddings, you can trust them on that. While they do all the backstage work for you, you can enjoy the best weather and view!
Here are our and California Picnics 10 tips for a successful picnic:
1. Pick the right spot. Look for somewhere scenic and idyllic, lush and grassy, or even sandy and with plenty of natural shade or bring yours!
2. Pack right. Wicker baskets are charming, but not always the most practical option. Try using an insulated tote or bag with compartments and straps to secure your contents, plus padding to cushion soft food or glasses.
3. Surface to rest your food. The point of a picnic is to eat on the ground, so a full-on table kind of defeats the purpose. You do, however, need somewhere flat to rest your plates and food. Folded tables will be a perfect item to bring with you.
4. Pick the blanket. Choose a blanket that will provide enough cushioning, but that's also machine-washable in case of stains or spills!.
5. Shade. Having an all-day picnic party? Go the extra mile and add some shade.
6. Pack throw pillows. Bring along a pillow or two to create some comfort and cushy seating options.
7. Transport food in containers. Pack your salads, sides, and condiments in lidded containers for a serving option that won't spill and is easily transportable.
8. Make desserts in jars. They can be packed easily and there are a bunch of easy, no-bake options! Check out some of our favorite desserts in jars recipes.
9. Keep utensils off the ground. A small milk bottle or vase can function as am easily accessible place to store utensils, napkins, and straws.
10. Clean up after yourself. Don't forget to bring along a few garbage bags so that you can leave your picnic area as clean and litter-free as you found it.
And the most important thing, HAVE FUN!
That was exciting to work on this styled photoshoot with California Picnics on the gorgeous Moonlight Beach https://www.californiabeaches.com/beach/moonlight-state-beach/ in Encinitas.
Photography Carlsbad Photo www.instagram.com/carlsbadphoto
Event planner/styling California Picnics https://www.instagram.com/california.picnics/
Flowers Lana Rose Floristry https://www.instagram.com/lanarose_floristry/
Models: Evgenia Horton
#picnic #nature #love #summer #picnicdate #food #girls #photography #friends #picnicday #girlfriends #travel #picniconthebeach #like #picnicfood #picnicparty #picoftheday #foodie #party #instagood #photooftheday #familytime #beach #picnictime #happy #outdoor #happyday #party #follow #carlsbadphoto #carlsbadphotographer #carlsbadeventphotographer #encinitas #moonlightbeach